Monday, May 27, 2013

Amboli Ghats




We stopped by to check out this plant which covered entire hills ...looked just like a tea estate.


Our third stop was at Nangatarasakari Temple and Waterfall.


As you see this is a very unique waterfall... looks as though the shaft is man-made... like an open-well.



The pictures above do not describe the scene fully ...you should watch the video.



Our next stop was at a sight-seeing point...


Except for this pavement nothing caught was in my interest ...very slippery.


Our next stop was at Amboli Dab-Daba- the most popular site on this stretch. In fact for tourists coming from Belgaum side this is the last sight-seeing point. If you drive along the road you'll reach Goa.


Two cousins and the BiL climbed up the cement steps leading to the base of the waterfall. I was in mood to get wet, I stayed back with the rest of the group.



I bought a roasted sweet corn for twenty rupees ...what a rip-off!


To escape the trouble-some monkeys, I went walking with the corn in my hand... a cave like formation on one of the adjoining hills.


Our next destination was Hiranyakeshi Ugamastan- birth place of river Hiranyakeshi.


Scene under the bridge was interesting.


Check out this short video to see a natural tunnel formation.



A ten minute walk brought us to this temple and a little cave. Water flows from under the temple flows into the little pond and flows in the jungle. Even though the place was filled with people, I did not find it noisy. The jungle created a different ambiance.


Inside the cave I had to bend at the waist.


This definitely an ideal spot for families to have fun. We had lunch watching a noisy group play in water.


After lunch I went exploring the woods. I liked the place. I wish to revisit next rainy season.

No comments:

Post a Comment